We are looking for a part time Administrative Assistant/Office Manager to be responsible for serving as a receptionist and performing clerical duties at the front desk of our small private school. This person will assist and work directly with the director and be the “face” of the school for all visitors and parents.
The ideal candidate will have a friendly and nurturing personality while also being very perceptive and disciplined. The candidate should be able to deal professionally with students and adults, and give accurate information. The goal is to make visitors, students and parents feel comfortable and valued while on our school grounds.
WAAS follows all cleaning and social distancing protocols instituted by public health authorities, and the candidate must comply with school Covid-19 protocols.
Reports to WAAS Director
Maximum of 34 hours a week (Hours might need to be flexible)
9:00am-3:00pm following WAAS Calendar and School Schedule
(Flexible hours might be needed on certain days)
- Proficient in English (oral and written)
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office (especially Excel and Word)
- Proficient in use of Google Drive (i.e. Google Docs, Sheets, etc.)
- Excellent organization in document management
- Familiarity with office machines (copier, laminator, shredder, etc.)
- Strong communication and people skills
- Good organizational and multi-tasking abilities
- Problem-solving skills
- Experience in an office or school, additional qualifications will be a plus
- Greet and welcome parents, students and visitors
- Answer questions or refer to appropriate person
- Answer all incoming calls and redirect them or keep messages
- Assists and supports the Admissions process
- Assists students with injuries and sickness and administer medicine and First Aid as needed.
- Supports and assists with the COVID-19 protocols and procedures
- Check the mail and receive packages etc. and distribute to appropriate person
- Maintain School Directory via Microsoft Excel and Word
- Maintain Community Service Logs (if applicable)
- General typing and clerical duties to include forms, labels, letters, and school wide emails.
- Assist with field trips by creating field trip forms, collecting signed forms and proof of car insurance and maintaining an accurate list of students participating and not participating.
- Keep front desk area neat and tidy
- Filing (records, statements, invoices, etc.)
- Coordinates parent volunteers as needed by the teachers and Director
- Maintaining school calendar online, birthday calendar and bulletin boards, lunch helper rotation, etc.
- Restock office supplies as well as paper towels, toilet paper, hand soap and sanitizer
- Oversees and assists with My Hot Lunch Box Program
- Update at least weekly, sometimes daily the WAAS Calendar, WAAS Calendar of Events and WAAS Google Calendar
- Maintain and monitor the visitor log and Parent check in/out
- Be flexible with hours as determined by the needs of the school
Please send a letter of intent and a resume with a least three supervisory references to email@example.com by August 5, 2020.