Our Spanish Teacher – Señora Amie Siebold
Mrs. Siebold is a native North Carolinian. She was born and raised near Charlotte and moved to Wilmington after high school to attend UNCW. At UNCW, she met her future husband and decided that Wilmington would be her home indefinitely! They have two sons who both attended WAAS: Ben is a Sophomore at UNCW majoring in Mathematics with a minor in Economics. Joseph is in 10th grade at NHCS eAcademy and has decided to add on a third language- Japanese! Having a Spanish Teacher as a father allowed Amie to grow up speaking both English and Spanish. Her fascination with the Spanish language and culture has been a lifelong passion. Mrs. Siebold believes that one cannot truly understand one’s own language and culture until studying another. “Learning another language is not only learning different words for the same things, but learning another way to think about things.” ~Flora Lewis In addition to teaching, Mrs. Siebold enjoys reading, swimming, napping, and drinking coffee! She is part of a team at her church that is planning their second mission trip to Belize in the near future. She is honored to be part of the WAAS family!
- UNCW, Wilmington, NC, B.A. in Spanish, NC Certification Grades K-12, August 1989- May 1993
- NCSU, Raleigh, NC, English as a Second Language Certificate Grades K-12, August 2000-May 2002
- Spanish K-12
- English as a Second Language K-12
- New Hanover County Schools- Hoggard High School- August 1993–June 1997- Spanish Teacher, Spanish Club Advisor
- Pender County Schools- Pender High School & West Pender Middle School – August 2000 – June 2002 ESL Teacher
- New Hanover County Schools – Bradley Creek Elementary School- August 2008-June 2014, ESL Teacher
- Pender County Schools- Central Office- August 2014-July 2019- ESL Coordinator, ESL Lead Teacher, Title III Literacy Coach, Migrant Pre-K Family Literacy Specialist, EL Data Manager
Mrs. Siebold’s Amazon Wish List: https://www.amazon.com/hz/wishlist/ls/3AI6I1DYJQ4PC?ref_=wl_share
Congratulations to our The Quill Team who placed 2nd in the region this year! Students participated in the regional competition, virtually, on November 2nd. In The Quill competition, teams of four students must create written products given a prompt from a specific...
Upcoming WAAS Events