Wilmington Academy of Arts and Sciences, a small, non public school which offers a challenging and nurturing environment, is seeking applications for a part time Front Office Manager to be responsible for receptionist and clerical duties at the front desk. You will be the “face” of the school for all visitors and parents and will be responsible for the first impression we make.
The ideal candidate will have a friendly and easygoing personality while also being very perceptive and disciplined. You should be able to deal with students and adults, and give accurate information. The goal is to make visitors, students and parents feel comfortable and valued while on our school grounds.
- Greet and welcome parents, students and visitors
- Answer questions or refer to appropriate person
- Answer all incoming calls and redirect them or keep messages
- Check the mail and receive packages etc. and distribute to appropriate person
- Maintain School Directory via Microsoft Excel and Word
- Maintain Community Service Logs
- General typing and clerical duties to include forms, labels, letters, and school wide emails.
- Assist with field trips by creating field trip forms, collecting signed forms and maintaining an accurate list of students participating and not participating.
- Keep Front Desk Area neat and tidy
- Filing (records, statements, invoices, etc.)
- Maintaining school calendar online, birthday calendar and bulletin boards, lunch helper rotation, etc.
- Restock office supplies as well as paper towels, toilet paper, hand soap and sanitizer
- Proficient in English (oral and written)
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office (especially Excel and Word)
- Familiarity with office machines (copier, laminator, shredder, etc.)
- Strong communication and people skills
- Good organizational and multi-tasking abilities
- Problem-solving skills
- High School diploma; experience in an office or school, additional qualifications will be a plus
Please send a letter of interest, resume and at least three supervisory references to Beth Upton at email@example.com by July 31, 2017.
Please click here to download the Teacher Application Form .