Our Spanish Teacher – Señora Stephanne Marsh
Born in Greenville, South Carolina, Mrs. Stephanne Marsh spent 16 years in the beautiful country of Ecuador as the daughter of missionaries, and claims Ecuador as “home”. It was there that her love for people, culture, travel, and the Spanish language was born.
Stephanne and her husband Jon have been married for 23 years and have two children, Julia (19) and Jackson (17). Julia is a Sophomore at Presbyterian College in Clinton, SC, where she cheers and is majoring in Pre-Law and English. Jackson spends his time playing baseball for the Ashley Eagles and fishing anywhere there is water. Jon is a Clemson graduate (1995) and as such, the entire Marsh family are avid CLEMSON football fans! Go TIGERS! Going back to the Natty this year!
Stephanne’s passion is in serving others, and one way that she accomplishes this is through foreign mission’s trips. She leads two to three short term trips a year. This summer, she spent the month of June and first week of July in Ecuador and led 2 teams from the Wilmington area. These particular trips were medical mission’s and construction trips The experience was beyond life changing for all involved. We served over 2,800 people, providing them with basic medical and pharmaceutical care, and supplied water filters for entire villages that will change lives for 10 years. We are already planning trips for next summer! If you or your family are interested in going, please see me! I would love to share Ecuador with you.
In her spare time, Mrs. Marsh reads (5 to 6 books a week!), writes, watches her daughter cheer, her son play baseball, and volunteers at her church Myrtle Grove Baptist Church. Mrs. Marsh LOVES teaching at WAAS sharing her love of the Spanish language with all of you!
- UNCW, Wilmington, NC, B.S. Elementary Education, Minor in English and Social Studies, 4.0 GPA
- Evangel University, Springfield, MO, A.A. in Spanish
- College Preparatory Degree, Alliance Academy, Quito, Ecuador S.A.
- Elementary Education K-6
- Middle Grades Language Arts 6-8
- Middle Grades Social Studies 6-8
- Spanish K-12
- Coastal Christian High School – August 2013-June 2014 – High School Spanish Teacher
- Brunswick County Schools – August 2009 – June 2013 – 8th Grade English Language Arts Teacher, English as a Second Language – Grades K-8
- Duplin County Schools – August 2008 – June 2009 – 2nd Grade
Jahde Justad led a two-day art workshop on the creative use of acrylic paints on canvas. All WAAS students participated. The theme of this workshop is love, thankfulness, and gratitude, and hopefully fits in with the upcoming Valentines Day! [gallery...