Our Spanish Teacher – Señora Stephanne Marsh
Born in Greenville, South Carolina, Mrs. Stephanne Marsh spent 16 years in the beautiful country of Ecuador as the daughter of missionaries, and claims Ecuador as “home”. It was there that her love for people, culture, travel, and the Spanish language was born.
Stephanne and her husband Jon have been married for 21 years and have two children, Julia (17) and Jackson (15). Jon is a Clemson graduate (1995) and as such, the entire Marsh family are avid CLEMSON football fans! Go TIGERS!
Stephanne’s passion is in serving others, and one way that she accomplishes this is through foreign mission’s trips. She leads one to two short term trips a year. This summer, she spent the month of June in Ecuador and led 2 teams from the Wilmington area. These particular trips were medical mission’s and construction trips The experience was beyond life changing for all involved. We served over 2,800 people, providing them with basic medical and pharmaceutical care, and supplied water filters for entire villages that will change lives for 10 years. We are already planning trips for next summer!
In her spare time, Mrs. Marsh reads (5 to 6 books a week!), writes, watches her daughter cheer and her son play baseball, and volunteers at her church Myrtle Grove Baptist Church. Mrs. Marsh LOVES teaching at WAAS sharing her love of the Spanish language with all of you!
- UNCW, Wilmington, NC, B.S. Elementary Education, Minor in English and Social Studies, 4.0 GPA
- Evangel University, Springfield, MO, A.A. in Spanish
- College Preparatory Degree, Alliance Academy, Quito, Ecuador S.A.
- Elementary Education K-6
- Middle Grades Language Arts 6-8
- Middle Grades Social Studies 6-8
- Spanish K-12
- Coastal Christian High School – August 2013-June 2014 – High School Spanish Teacher
- Brunswick County Schools – August 2009 – June 2013 –
- 8th Grade English Language Arts Teacher
- English as a Second Language – Grades K-8
- Duplin County Schools – August 2008 – June 2009 – 2nd Grade
Congratulations to our four students ( Varun Varajaradan- 7th grade, Mason Evans - 7th grade , Charlie Flynt- 7th grade and Sebastian Gebauer -8th grade who competed and excelled at the state level of High School Math Contest at Fayetteville State University on May...