Wish list for all teachers – Reams of colored copy paper. Bright happy colors or pastels would be very much appreciated.
Our Explorations Teacher – Mrs. Sandy Errante
Mrs. Errante has bachelor’s degrees in Music and American Studies from the University of Richmond and a Master of Science in Counseling from Virginia Commonwealth University. She has lived in Wilmington since 1986 and has taught at a number of area schools, worked in UNCW’s student affairs department, was coordinator for drug education/prevention programs for New Hanover County Schools and a previous director of the Wilmington Boys Choir.
Ms. Errante is the founder and director of the Girls’ Choir of Wilmington and she currently owns and operates a Kindermusik studio.
She has been creating and offering Explorations classes for WAAS since 2005. She lives with her husband Steven and their dog Rocky; they have two daughters, Emmy (a graphic designer and photographer) and Casey (a Master’s student at UNCW).
- Virginia Commonwealth University, M.S. in Counseling
- University of Richmond, B.A. in Music
- University of Richmond, B.A. in American Studies
- Kindermusik at Sea Sharp Music Academy, Wilmington, NC
- Director of Wilmington Boys Choir
- Music education at HAH Montessori School and New Horizons, Wilmington, NC
- Drug and Alcohol Prevention and Education Coordinator at UNC Wilmington
- Drug and Alcohol Prevention and Education Coordinator for New Hanover County Schools
- Drug and Alcohol Education and Prevention at Coastal Horizons
- 2000 – Present Wilmington Academy of Arts & Sciences
- Owner, Kindermusik with Sandy Errante
- Founder and Director of Girls’ Choir of Wilmington
- Kindermusik Instructor, St. Marks
Today, our WAAS MathCounts team placed Second in the Southeast Regional MathCounts Competition. As a result, they will compete in the State MathCounts Competition on March 23. Mason Evans, Sahil Patel and Varun Varadarajan placed in the Top 10 Countdown Round, and...