Our Math Teacher – Mr. Jesse Simon
Mr. Simon grew up in the beautiful state of West Virginia. He graduated from Fairmont State University in 2004, where he played collegiate tennis for three years and earned the Easton K. Feaster award his senior year for having the highest G.P.A. for a male collegiate athlete.
After college, he moved to Frederick, Maryland and taught eighth grade Pre-algebra and Geometry. Frederick, it turned out, was a little too close to the D.C. traffic and he decided to move to a more relaxed lifestyle in Wilmington, NC. Once in Wilmington he taught math and science to sixth through eighth grade students at Myrtle Grove Middle School for seven years and was the head baseball coach for three years and the head basketball coach for six years. He also taught Algebra at North Brunswick High School in 2012-2013.
Wilmington is where he met his wife. He got married in the Summer of 2007 and added a beautiful daughter, Leila, to his family in the Fall of 2011 and a son in early 2015. He and his wife enjoy beach volleyball and traveling. He is an avid pickleball player and enjoys competing in tournaments. His other hobbies include playing guitar and fishing.
- Earned B.A. at Fairmont State University
- Graduated Cum Laude
- Earned Easton K. Feaster award for highest overall academic average for a senior male athlete
- Earned AIG licensure through UNCW’s master’s program
- NC Licensure in Middle Grades Math
- NC Licensure in High School Math
- NC Licensure in Middle Grades Science
- Virtual Public Schools Certified Instructor
- 2012-2013 NBHS, Brunswick County
- 2005-20012 MGMS, New Hanover County
- 2004-2005 Governor Thomas Johnson Middle School, Maryland
- Earned National Board Certification in 2010
- Coached the “Most Improved” MathCounts team in the region in 2016
Hope you will consider coming to Mrs. Errante's Girls’ Choir concert! There are WAAS students in the choir. Friday December 14th from 7:30-8:30pm at UNCW Beckwith Hall. Come early. Limited seating!...