Our Social Studies Teacher – Mrs. Allyson Keating
Mrs. Keating was born and raised in Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada. She attended the University of Maine where she competed in Division I track and field for four years. During that time she met her husband Conor and after completing her masters degree they moved to his home state of Massachusetts. From 2011-2014 Mrs. Keating taught American History, coached track and field and was a dorm parent at Hillside School in Marlborough, Massachusetts.
Since moving to the Wilmington area in January, Mrs. Keating has enjoyed exploring all that coastal North Carolina has to offer. In her spare time she enjoys baking, reading, hiking, horseback riding and playing with her adorable two year old mutt, McQuaid.
Mrs. Keating is very excited for her first year at WAAS. She enjoys the close knit community of independent schools and believes smaller class sizes affords the optimal opportunity for quality education. Please feel free to stop by and say hello as she looks forward to meeting all members of the WAAS community!
- University of Maine, Orono, ME
- B.S. Business Administration, Spring 2010
- Master of Arts in Teaching, 2011
- Elementary Education K-6
- Middle Grades Social Students 6-8
- History Teacher, Head House Parent, Coach – Hillside School, Marlborough, MA – 2011-2014
- Tutor, Administrative Assistant – Touchstone Tutoring. Fredericksburg, VA – 2014
- Assisted Admissions Department – Hillside School, Marlborough, MA – 2011-2014
- Adult Education Coordinator – Neil Squire Society – Fredericton, NB Canada – 2011
Congratulations to our four students ( Varun Varajaradan- 7th grade, Mason Evans - 7th grade , Charlie Flynt- 7th grade and Sebastian Gebauer -8th grade who competed and excelled at the state level of High School Math Contest at Fayetteville State University on May...